The Liebster Award
Wow!! I am so shocked that I have been nominated not once, but twice this week for the Liebster Award, a week after being nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award!! It is such an encouraging award to receive when starting out a new blog! I was given this lovely honor this week by Laura over at One Beautiful Mind and Stephanie over at Stephanie Oplinger Arts. Both ladies were so kind in nominating me and giving me a shout out!
Following the rules posted, I will answer their questions!
Why Did you Start Blogging
I began blogging for a couple of reasons. The first reason, is I find it therapeutic to write out many of the things I go through as an adoptive and foster parent. I am an advocate, and often I have to stay silent in my personal cases, so being able to write about life allows me to process and speak my mind. I also want to provide information and support to others in the adoption and foster care world, and other mommy walks of life.
What Kind of Blogs Do You Enjoy Reading
My favorite blogs are definitely adoption and foster care blogs. I also enjoy reading home decor blogs and blogs about blogging 🙂 There are so many great blogs out there though, so I am always being inspired or learning something new from a new blog!
Who Is Your Favorite Blogger
My top two favorite blogs are Confessions of an Adoptive Parent and Adeye Salem. They both provide valuable information and inspire me to be a better parent and person. I was first introduced to the atrocities that go on in orphanages in Bulgaria by Adeye Salem which led me to my first visit there back in 2012. I hope I can become an inspiring blogger like they both are!
What Inspires You Most of All
I am most inspired by God to try and love others the way he loves us. I am inspired by the many before me that have made a difference in the lives of children, and have advocated for others to make a difference as well.
One Extraordinary Thing I have Done In My Life
This is a hard question. I don’t think I have done too much extraordinary…I guess becoming an adoptive parent at 19 is not entirely ordinary, and having 8 kids is a bit out of the ordinary these days too 🙂
If I Could Have Anything I Want What Would It Be
To have my two previous foster daughters and my current 4 foster children all adopted as part of our forever family.
It is time to present the 5 amazing ladies I think deserve this award! I have chosen them from several different niches.
TO THE NOMINEES:
Here are the official rules to accepting your nomination (based on the two nominations I received):
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers or are newer blogs.
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post. (They might not have ever heard of it!)
- Post a comment in the comments of the award post so your post and blog can be viewed.
Here are my questions in addition to your favorite blogger as mentioned above:
What is your favorite part about blogging?
What are 3 goals you have for your blog?
Thanks everyone and congratulations, and thank you again for this kind nomination!
Stay up to date on future posts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.